There is no Chinese miracle, and this is not the Asian century.
Been reading this guy for a few years now. Sometimes good, sometimes the same stuff you would get out of the media outlets. Good insight here, at least anecdotal, about what’s going on over in the Rockpile. Echos of what I mentioned yesterday in my uninformed commentary of the ambush video, and further support that the empire is crumbling. Unarmed Marines. Wow. My grandfather is screaming from the great beyond.
- Man in Black: You guessed wrong.
- Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong! That’s what’s so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is “never get involved in a land war in Asia,” but only slightly less well-known is this: “Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!” [He laughs hysterically, but suddenly freezes mid-laugh and dies; the Man in Black removes Buttercup’s blindfold]
I had intended to post something in response to Kerodin’s post here, but as usual, capitalist greed got in my way.
Having piles of things to do this afternoon, and not wanting to do them, I had a random, passing thought on a few events that have made me re-evaluate our current social climate.
- Just before Christmas, I had all three of my kids in the truck going to WalMart of all places. We were accosted by a 40-ish year old man in the parking lot over a left turn. While I’m not clear that this is my fault, I’m willing to admit that to quell a potential violent situation. This man disagreed with that tactic and I was forced to reveal my sidearm in what turned out to be a very diffusing and non-threatening manner. No cops, no marshals, no 45 degree blading. Merely an idiot who was having a bad day and essentially realized that his temper would cause him to lose his life should he continue on the path he was walking down. BTW, first and only time I have ever had my hand on my piece while holding a baby. Dude, seriously? A left turn gets you this upset? How have you lived this long?
- Traffic again (it is Atlanta). Two teenage girls in a $45,000 BMW convertible almost causing an accident. Mobile phones were involved. I merely stared and shook my head in bewilderment. This drew her ire, and I was told vociferously that I was indeed number one. I would be remiss not to point out that a sixteen year old in a vehicle that expensive did not in any way produce enough labor to compensate for the cost of that car. She was given this, and based upon the area, is likely to be the recipient of this level of decadence for all of her short sixteen years on the planet. She was also rather corpulent. I do not point this to laugh at her and speak ill. I point this out because it shows a lack of self respect and self loathing. At that age, kid should not look like that. They should be in their physical primes. I know there are exceptions, but given the other components of these circumstances, I would bet the Bachelor Chow consumption is a bit too high.
Takeaways from this could be a couple of things:
- I’m a very bad or aggressive driver, which is true, though live in Atlanta and you will turn into this as well.
- The state of societal degradation has increased.
Can you view an entire society through the lens of two random encounters? No. Definitely not. However, you can use them as a sample of what is out there and blog about like I’m doing.
For the first, I attribute it to how crazy Christmas has become. I truly do. From October to January I have gotten to the point of wanting to stay inside and cower.
For the second, I’m not sure.
If you think the FSA has a sense of entitlement, try hanging out with upper middle class Republicans. It is the ghetto, only the rims aren’t chrome, and the stay-at-home-moms have better drugs.
The larger point here though is not about violence or how bad teenagers in BMW’s suck. The larger point is how are we, as patriots, III%’ers, Constitutionalists, etc ever going to get anywhere when the most solidly conservative people in the country feel entitled to free healthcare, cheap prescription drugs to ingest, and low, low monthly payments on fin German touring saloons?
You think about that dear readers.
My neighbors are the most entitlement laden bastards I have ever encountered.
“Lower the overall debt of the county by using tax revenues to pay down the note? Hell no! We need more schools! Class sizes are too big and little Timmy here needs extra attention!”
“That script is how much? I’m not paying that! F’ing Obama, making my meds go up in cost.”
“30 round mag? Why do YOU need a 30 round mag? The cops are here to ‘protect & serve’.”
The above, I excrement you not, has been overheard at every tennis match, stupid social gathering, and drunken business lunch I have attended since 2008. Take that, add it to the issues down in the inner city, and other ghetto like aspects of American society, and what do you have?
A perfect storm.
We have as a nation, society, and culture reached a pinnacle and peak of decadence the likes of which the world has yet to see. The higher the climb, the more brutal the fall guys. Questions? Ask the Romans, or more to the point, those who were left after that empire smoldered.
It is not often that one gets this sort of rotational warning in such a clear form, but you’re getting it now. The same thing is true in the DOW, with IBM being the power mover there.
Beware folks. Be very, very careful.
Though, my opinion is that we will see a run up to uncharted territory before the fall if crude doesn’t skyrocket over the summer. When you see the DJIA in the 19,000 to 22,000 range, it is literally time to head for the hills. The end result of that one will be five times what 2000 & 2008 were.
“It was broadly agreed that flooring interest rates at zero, or capping issuance proceeds at par, was prohibiting proper market function. The Committee unanimously recommended that the Treasury Department allow for negative yield auction results as soon as logistically practical.“
That’s right! You heard it correctly, bonds with a negative yield.
And once we get the green light on negative yields at auction, next up will be the push for the Fed to impose negative rates on all standing securities, which means that coming soon savers will be literally paying to hold cash. And that will be the final straw.
“Dogs & cats living together! Mass hysteria!”
Cash as a hold out is no longer an option, but ammo might be. So might be long term, food, seeds, boots, and medical supplies.
The country obviously doesn’t get this in slightest. This is real, hardcore, depression like conditions. Being penalized for saving cash. Now that’s pretty evil dude. Having the ability to downgrade rates on assets already sold is anathema to the very core of a market based economy.
This is the battlespace with which you will be forced to operate in kids.
You know, the same kind of stuff happened with the first Gulf War, only then we were dependent on the big three American propaganda agencies to tell us how swell it would be.
Rapid petro shock would doom the EU at this point. They will either come together as a unified entity, or fail and dissolve into what they were prior to the formation of the union. Either way, those are favorable conditions for mass conflict. History always has a tendency to come back and smack you in the mouth just when you think, “Oh hey, we got the right people this time. There won’t be genocidal war. Humanity has grown up now. See!”.
Uh huh. I buy that.